For more information about the CRITICAL ConditionsSMprogram,
Lynne M. Kernaghan
Georgia Health Decisions
128 Hampton Way | Macon, GA 31220
kernaghanL@cox.net | 478-474-0095
- CRITICAL ConditionsSM General Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Getting Involved
- Related Studies
Health institutions and organizations, financial planners and estate attorneys, employers and others in Georgia are invited to participate in the CRITICAL ConditionsSM program by promoting advance care planning and making the CRITICAL ConditionsSM Planning Guide and other materials available to your patients, clients, employees and community. The benefits in implementing the CRITICAL ConditionsSM program are:
- Receiving recognition for providing an important public service for the community,
- Increasing awareness and communication among families on issues regarding end-of-life health care,
- Providing tools for physicians to enhance their communication and understanding of patients' final health care wishes,
- Improving the dying experience within the community for patients, family members and health care professionals.
To become a participant in the CRITICAL ConditionsSM program, call Lynne Kernaghan at contact information given.
What features are included in the CRITICAL ConditionsSM Program?
- The CRITICAL ConditionsSM Planning Guide - a powerful and comprehensive tool that uses real-life scenarios to help people talk about their final health care decisions with family members and document those preferences using the Georgia Advance Directive for Health Care.
- Public Awareness Materials - an array of materials applicable in a variety of settings to educate the public to facilitate final health care discussion by holding the important “conversation” about the topic.
- Brochures and brochure display stands
- Advance Directive Patient Information Cards in English and Spanish
- “Your Gift to Them" DVD
- “Who Will Speak For You?" DVD
- Georgia Advance Directive for Health Care in Spanish